Sunday, January 25, 2009

210 baby (fine, 210.5. jeez!)

So I awoke this morning to find that had reached (or very nearly reached) my goal of weighing 210 lbs. I'm almost exactly 30lbs down from 240 (forgive me if I'm insulting your math skills. and I didn't get a scale till recently so i don't have any evidence of when i was morbidly obese. haha.)

Pleasantly surprised? yes i was. It was a long and arduous journey, but i got here. And i couldn't have done it without the men's health handed to me by the accommodating flight steward (I'm kidding, okay?). But there was a lot of brown rice and broccoli involved (considering i don't eat pasta). yay for complex carbs!
And as for the naysayers to my eating chicken in class: I have back to back classes and i need to eat, okay? more eats = higher metabolic rate = more burned calories! I don't get it: when a girl eats straight up meat in class it cool, because she's on atkins. but when I do it, I'm a meathead. I just cant win!

Below are some of the basic (very basic, i know) home cooked foods that got me through even the toughest times (because I've obviously gone through hard times. those who pay my tuition must be trying their hardest not to kill me right now. I love you padre!):

The notorious men's fitness, accompanying my dinnerage for the day.
mmmm, salmon, brown rice and broccoli
215... getting there
chicken and brown rice (brown rice and broccoli? again?)
Chicken getting ready to be taken to Tuesday/Thursday classes
accompanying Manwich that also follows me to class.
Meat and... big surprise! brown rice!! and broccoli!!
Dessert! cottage cheese + Strawberries. (don't worry, its usually Reese's white chocolate peanut butter cups. I only show you what i want you to see.
Manwich Construction!
Chicken and... yes, you guessed it, Broccoli!!
Victory (or very close to it)
Curse you gravity! couldn't you let up for a bit? just 1/2 a pound! do i need to go and run now just to make weight?? what a cruel world!


Now I'm not saying this is all i eat. I am a white chocolate fiend and I'll tear into some whenever i have the chance (that includes white chocolate cookies. Curse you BU pub!). and lets not forget the occasional lion bar. Food is good, so indulge yourselves. But remember, you are what you eat, and if you're trying to shed unwanted lbs, you have to do the Heisman on that chocolate tart every now and then.

I also know that water weight is a huge factor and I'll most likely fluctuate between 208 and 213, but that's fine with me. I'm a happy bunny. Now I just need to get a few more calories in to make sure i stay in the 200 range. Crossfit will burn a lot of calories, both the good and bad ones.

as for those tagged in this note, you are people who either experienced my in-class chicken eating, constant bitching/whining about calories, fit rec-ing, or are just very good friends i'd like to share the inner workings of my life with. then again, the last category encompasses you all, seeing as i would care enough to let you in on aforementioned chickening/fit-rec-ing. yay for friends! now maybe I'll be able to go skydiving with Sachit/Kevin!

No comments: