Monday, July 19, 2010

Inception: Review

Great Movies are few and far between these days. Advanced technology has served to make them more engaging and "Hi-def", but it hard to find a piece that perfectly blends an engaging, dynamic plot with mind blowing Cinematography and choreography. Now I was one of those who wasnt thrown by Avatar. Sure, great movie, wonderful effects, but it didnt grip me as much as many people made it seem it would. It was like being in a playful chokehold; Avatar had my full attention, but it was easy enough for my mind to break away and wander.

Inception, on the other hand, was intense. It was like being gripped by the balls. No, It was like being possessed by the spirit. Heck, It was like having the spirit grab you by the balls while putting you in a figure four leg-lock: It will have your undivided attention, and while you feel that the situation is a tad awkward, you kinda have a warm, fuzzy feeling in your netherregions.

Obvious tributes are made to other masterpieces like The Matrix and Dark City, but these do not dilute in any way the quality of the experience. In fact, they only serve to supplement the already stout cauldron of oozey cinematic goodness that is the main plot; dream diving.

Now I'm not a critic, and am not here to analyze the movie to its bare bones. I'm also not one to criticize a flick just for the sake of doing so, or to see "both sides of the coin". I am an average man, and anything above average usually tends to satisfy me. This movie was, to me, very far above average, so if youre looking for an engaging, thrilling piece, this movie is for you. I have never seen a movie in a cinema twice. this movie may just change that.

- Pat


No comments: