Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lens is the Word




The word Lens; Now this App is a seriously awesome piece of work. I even had a bit of trouble believing it was legit at first. I'm not by any means an Apple fanboy, but I've gotta say, the iphone's versatility greatly encourages creativity, and this app is just one example of several amazing creations out there. Its about five dollars for each language package (English to Spanish is seperate from Spanish to English), but it is probably worth it for anyone who travels a lot, or anyone who would want to read Spanish literature.

I do have a few questions though - For one, how well does it deal with other styles of text - radical italics, different serifs, etc. I also dont know how well it would deal with written words, as hand writing varies greatly.

There's also the problem of how it deals with incorrectly constructed sentences and misspelled words though... built-in autocorrect, maybe?

Either way, It seems like a decent app. If it comes with a japanese to English package, I'm buying me an Iphone for Christmas!

- Pat II

No comments: